Thursday, December 1, 2011

happy december to all

.... And to all a good night. I really wish I could go to bed right now. Honestly, I've been so tired lately! On Tuesday, I took two naps. Worrisome, right? I have a capella in 30 minutes or so though, so no bed for Alison quite yet.
aran island sweater
street market pendant
gap jeans
minnetonka moccasins

 So, here is the only usable - a slightly relative term, looking at it now - one of the photos Nicole and I just took outside before my camera died and she had to run to play intramural basketball (if you knew her, you would find that just as funny as I do). Regardless, I love my sweater - we got it on our family trip to Ireland about 4 years ago, and its the only piece of wool clothing I can wear. I'm sure you all remember my rants on my wool, but for some reason this sweater doesn't bother me! Maybe if I wear it every day for a month or so, I'll be able to handle other wool, and a whole new world of fall/winter clothing will open for me!



And here are the lovely two dresses I picked up while Black Friday shopping! The top one is Rachel Rachel Roy from Macys, and though it came with a belt, I chose not to include it - it actually didn't have a belt when I found it, and when I asked where its belt was they pulled out some long piece of brown leather and said that's what it was! Brown leather with black zippers? I tried it on and felt like Robbin Hood. In fact, I may be Robbin Hood for Halloween next year now. The one below was cheapie from Target, and I'll probably wear it tomorrow, if I can find some combination of layering pieces that makes it possible to wear in this horrible weather...

So that's it for this random amalgam of a post. Tomorrow Harmony (my a capella group) is singing at the Christmas Tree Lighting and I can't wait! Christmas music is seriously the best thing ever. Sometimes I miss the days of high school choir, when I would lose my voice I sang so many concerts in the month of December... and for some of them, we were paid in food, it was lovely. But speaking of music, I'm off to practice, hope you have all had a great week so far!

5 comments:

  1. Really love the jumper and necklace <3 Good luck with your Christmas singing :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm overly sensitive to wool too! which sucks because some of the cutest sweaters are pure wool. I used to break out in rashes on my hands during the winter when I wore wool. Now I stick to other fabrics haha. thanks for the comment!

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sweater! It looks adorable, and so cozy. Your new dresses are beautiful as well, I love Black Friday shopping.

    xoxo,
    meme-stylenewbie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking cute and comfy as always.!
    have a great weekend!

    xoxo katlin
    kaitgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Rachel Roy dress, very understated but can be worn in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I love to read them! And if you have a blog, leave the name too, so I can take a look and comment back. Thanks for visiting :)