Friday, August 26, 2011

Alison attempts to wear color

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I go back to Georgetown tomorrow! Well, if Irene has anything to say about it, maybe not, but... assuming I can land despite tropical storms and such, I will be moved in by Sunday! Kind of bittersweet. Obviously I can't wait to be back, see my friends, and start new classes. But I'm going to miss my family and friends here so much! It's hard having two lives, isn't it? I'd say anyone else in college could agree...

old navy dress
born sandals

So this is something your probably haven't seen in awhile (ever?) - me wearing color! When I was working at Old Navy back a few weeks ago I saw this on a rack I was processing and fell in love with the cut. Since it's a medium it's a bit big, but the low back (see two below) is so pretty! And I like it tied with the little floral tie. Weird, isn't it? Don't worry, I won't  be becoming Rainbow Brite anytime soon





Woah. Can we just stop for a second and process the fact that I have nicely done nails!? I know. Weird. We shan't reference that previous post where my nails were, ummmm, let's just say not fit for the Internet. But Elizabeth and I went out for lunch today (and got 3 amazingly yummy desserts to share between the two of us. Yes, I did say 3) and afterward I convinced her to go down to the little cheap nail salon nearby and get a mani-pedi with me! After all the time I spent on my feet in Old Navy lately, I decided my feet needed a little pampering.



It appears yesterday was the day of notes and today is anecdotes: so I came down to the den yesterday with a pair of earrings in my hand and said to my mom - "Mom, will you please inflict the pain on me that I can't do to myself and re-pierce my ears for me?" Literally, word for word. Needless to say it was a painful few minutes in the bathroom, but that's what you get for not wearing earrings for upwards of 4 months...


Seriously though, hurricane Irene better not get in the way of me getting back to school! I mean, I'm sad to go, but I've set my mind on being back tomorrow, and waiting around a few extra days in Minnesota due to inclement weather is not going to make me feel any better about leaving. Grrrr. Now I need to go finish up the dregs of my packing

One more thing though: due to the fact that no one responded to my post yesterday claiming a prize, I won't be sending out my prize. I'm sorry if this makes anyone unhappy, but I gave everyone who entered a full 24 hours to jump in and ask for it. I still love you all for reading, thank you for all your support! Have a lovely evening and, for those of you on our Eastern Coast, I wish you luck. Send good vibes towards my flight :)

12 comments:

  1. Aww disapoing! Still I actually won a giveaway which is new for me so! So sorry about that. I explained on your last post. But thanks for hosting! Have a great year at college, and I hope you get there in time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the punch of color! I think it looks great on you! And I really like the positive energy you seem to radiate in front of the camera :}

    I will definitely keep you in my thoughts for safe travel back. I have a few friends who are also in the path of the Hurricane. Scary stuff. But I wish you a fun, safe return to school!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me some love! If you can, check out my newest post on back-to-school style! I'd love it if you submitted an outfit for my upcoming Back To School Style Special <3


    xoxo Coco
    Muffin Top Baby

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are just so darling. and i love your blog.
    xx
    so cute

    KaitGirl.blogspot.com
    @kaitlin4879

    kait

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I really like the yellow on you!

    hugs and kisses by Mani.
    FASHION IMPERATIVE

    ReplyDelete
  5. The yellow looks great on you! Hope you have a safe flight/trip to Georgetown, it can be a little stressful & scary being aware of the hurricane and still travelling.

    Noo! I can't believe I missed the giveaway winner announcement! Well, you didn't put an end date when you posted about the giveaway so I checked back every now and then just in case and now I missed it =/ Ah well, next time. :)

    Lubna | ELLE VOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm such a color person that it's unusual for me to wear neutrals but I am mixing it up for this fall! I love the drop on the back of the dress. Good luck in Georgetown and hopefully Irene will be nice

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great dress & great colour!!, i love your earrings !!
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  8. i actually just bought some colourful clothing.. which is a first for me! xx opinionslave
    / twitter: @opinionslave

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the back of your colourful dress! Have a great time at college :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving the color of your dress, and how the back dips down. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey there this dress you are wearing is very cute where is it from... ??? is so simple but very CHIC... love the color super Fun Im following along : ) .
    thanks for checking my blog hope you like it too : )
    ...
    http://glamstyln.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I love to read them! And if you have a blog, leave the name too, so I can take a look and comment back. Thanks for visiting :)