Wednesday, December 1, 2010

i heard the bells

I'm listening to Christmas music right now! It's a rule in my family: no Christmas until Thanksgiving is over. So the next day we can break out all the Christmas music we want! I know Pandora has probably had their station up since Halloween, but for some reason that just feels morally wrong to me. But now I have my little playlist going, and I'm quite enjoying it! The particular version of "I Hear the Bells" I am referring to is by Mercy Me. Look it up, it's pretty great (Also "Joseph's Lullaby" is probs my favorite Christmas song ever, it's so pretty and I love playing it on the piano. I miss playing on the piano...)

vintage necklaces
topshop tshirt
h&m jeans
hunter boots

It was interesting weather-wise in D.C today - I woke up to the sound of rain beating against my window, and getting the 50 yds to leo's for breakfast was a bit of a struggle with my umbrella. But by the time I was walking to Russian an hour or so later, it was completely dry. But freeeezing. Apparently it's supposed to be in the 40's for the rest of the week. I'm a little sad. But I can't really complain, because my family reading this in MN will shoot me, as it's currently in the 20's and below there. So I will count my blessings :)


I really do love these necklaces. I took one of my old necklaces and a couple of the new chains I got from my Grandma yesterday and just threw them all on in a pile. It just really made my outfit more interesting without me having to do much. Perfect for a Wednesday!

Babysitting was exponentially better tonight than when I left it last week - a.k.a her screaming and crying and saying she never wanted to see me again. Not fun. Not fun at all. Today was very chill, we didn't really even have to play princess! (At least, not very much). But adorable story: apparently the day after the incident, she and her dad were reading and she said she wanted to read to him. He noticed she was speaking differently and didn't know why, until all of a sudden he realized she was trying to mimic my Minnesotan accent! I thought that was the cutest thing ever, and definitely made me feel better about all the problems. 

I've done no homework tonight! Yay! I just don't have that much to do... oh well. I'm going to read, and then I'm going to go to bed early. Like actually this time. Not like yesterday when I stayed up until 1 for no good reason. Halfway through the week, almost there! Have a lovely night!

6 comments:

  1. I looove your outfit! And I want to live in DC someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful striped shirt!! and i love the accessories.

    i can't listen to xmas music until after thanksgiving either. i just feel like i'm jumping the gun a little bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shirt! I love stripes! I've been listening to Christmas music this week but I'm easing into it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best thing about Lush is that you can walk in their store and get samples but only 3 at most, haha. Still, that's pretty generous! So if you ever do decide to visit, you should get a sample of Ocean Salt :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the neckless and the boot's are sooo amazing!
    And thank you for that award and friendly comment ^___^ it makes me soo happy! thank you so much! :) And indeed almost vacation :p

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I love to read them! And if you have a blog, leave the name too, so I can take a look and comment back. Thanks for visiting :)