Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My evening at CUA...

(Catholic University of America, if you didn't know that already...)

This evening I went and spent time with my friend Colleen (she is the one I went to school with in MN) at her college, which is conveniently just 8 (7? I'm not positive...) metro stops away. It was quite hot today in DC and so I was unsure what to wear. How do you not sweat to death outside or die of hypothermia in the air-conditioned class rooms? A scarf of course! Ok, that was cheezy, I just really, really like scarves - this one is a circle scarf by the way, and I didn't even know that when I got it, but that made it way cooler :)

topshop scarf
old navy tank 
old navy skirt
forlove21 ring
minnetonka moccasins
target bookbag
This ring was actually suuuuch an issue for me in class today. It opens and closes just like a normal locket would, so I was clicking it open and shut constantly - it was like a click pen, and probably just as obnoxious for the people around me :)

In case you want to put a face to the name, here is Colleen - she should be thanking me for putting up this picture, there are sooo many worse ones I could have put up. Let's just put it this way - we had a fun photo shoot ^^

Here are some shots of Catholic's campus: the dining hall, the basilica, and a pretty building I can't remember the name of, respectively....

So after getting dinner at the dining hall (a burger for me. ugh I eat so unhealthy sometimes! oh well, it was good^^) we walked around campus so I could get the full tour, and then went back to her room to watch some tv and chill. One of the perks of Catholic that is sadly and conspicuously absent at Gtown is cable - we have no tv :( Sooo, we watched a bit of Bridget Jones's Diary, which is a great movie by the way... Good times

Afterward we hopped the metro and got cupcakes at this new place called Red Velvet in Chinatown. I'm branching out, trying cupcakes from places other than Georgetown Cupcake. I feel like I just need to do a cupcake tour of the town. It's pretty likely. Freshman 15 here I come...

Have a nice day :)

4 comments:

  1. love the outfit it is lovely!!
    everything just fits!

    http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com

    oh yeah I'm having my first giveaway, ends on october 16!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. It sounds like you had a good day.I love the scarf you are wearing. It gives a nice touch to this outfit.
    www.noguiltfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that scarf. You have to find a place near campus that serves macarons! I don't know what I'd do without them now that I've had them, hehe.

    bisou

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I love to read them! And if you have a blog, leave the name too, so I can take a look and comment back. Thanks for visiting :)