Saturday, September 25, 2010

Blue and Gray!

It's homecoming weekend here at Georgetown! Sorry for my lack of posting, my outfit yesterday was actually really cute - though quite similar to one I posted a couple of weeks ago, as my blue-striped dress from old navy has become a bit of a hot weather staple.

Today was the homecoming football game! As you may or may not know, Georgetown isn't exactly known for it's football team - but we WON! Apparently, the last time Georgetown football  won 3 games in a season (their current record is 3-1) was 2005, and no one can remember the last time we won a homecoming game. Sooo, basically it's an awesome time to be a GU freshman :)

Here are some photos from my first college homecoming experience:
1. Homecoming tailgate- you may or may not be able to see it, but there are about 4 trucks full of beer for all the 21+ students and alums in attendance. Tailgating started at 11am. It was an interesting day for some I think... ^^
2.The 80's tribute band and our mascot Jack the bulldog jamming out onstage. The band was actually sooo much fun - I wasn't alive for the 80s but you just have to love the music!
3. Nicole and I during the game. We both forgot to get student tickets beforehand and didn't want to pay $10 for a real ticket, so we just found this ledge (you can see it in the background of the 4th photo) where we could watch the action. Except we didn't see much action, as we couldn't see the right 1/3 of the field, and Holy Cross was pretty much in control for the 1st half and that was their side... they didn't score at all the first half (neither did we, but whatever) so that was good! By the way, my tshirt says "Hoya Saxa" otherwise known as "What Rocks" our school motto :)
4. Holy Cross team running across the field. Noo, it isn't our team, but I liked the photo. I'm not really a huge football fan, but it was actually history in the making at the field today. The last time we won a homecoming game? Who knows. It was pretty fun to be a part of...

So that's my homecoming story. Just got back from chipotle for dinner, because our dining hall closes its upstairs on the weekend, and it is not good. I mean, it's not horrible, but if you don't feel like a burger or pizza don't bother. Oh well. Tomorrow night upstairs opens again, and I'm hoping they have pesto...

Anyways, have a good evening, and HOYA SAXA

2 comments:

  1. honestly i'm not 100% sure what homecoming weekend is but it looks fun :) is it similar to freshers week in the uk? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @head over heels - I don't know, maybe? It's sort of a welcome back to all the students, and alumni come back to see the school, it's lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I love to read them! And if you have a blog, leave the name too, so I can take a look and comment back. Thanks for visiting :)